Sabado, Enero 7, 2017

It all started 5 years ago...

If my memory serves me right, I started runnning in 2012. I ran with my then boyfriend on a 5km race. I ran for 55 minutes. Today, I ran after being such a loser (I haven't been following my workout schedule, that's why), I ran 5km for 54 minutes. That has never happened before after 2012. I know it's just a minute but the fact that it was so difficult for me to finish 5km in an hour and be able to do it in 54 mins is victory for me.
So, after my break-up with my then boyfriend, running gave me distraction and help me lose weight. Running has a lot of metaphors in life and can really help you get through some tough times. I joined races every 3 months for the next year, I ran 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes. I ate what I want without gaining weight until metabolism hit me hard and I am gaining weight, having difficult with my running until I just ran once or twice a week. In 2016, my boyfriend and I decided to run again. We tried to run for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week but we were not able to. We planned on joining a 10km run before the end of 2016 but again, not able to do it. So in 2017, I made a promise to go back to running. I'll run twice a week. Twice a week, I'll have boxing, once a week, I'll do yoga and once a week, I'll have to work with toning my body. So help me God, in 2017....

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento