Sabado, Pebrero 18, 2017

Wicked

To start our celebration of Valentines week. MY boyfriend and I watched Wicked at the Theater in Solaire. I was really excited when I learned in December that 'Wicked' will be showing since I was not able to catch it in 2014.

Jacqueline Hughes and Carly Anderson play the two witches of Oz. In some performances, Jodie Steele plays Elphaba and the one that we saw was the one with Jodie Steele but the standing ovation that they got was still well deserved.

Wicked is a reimagining of the origin of some characters in 'Wizard of Oz'. Glinda became the 'Good Witch', while Elphaba became known as the 'Wicked Witch of the West'.

When I got in the theater, I was a little bit concerned on how small the stage was but it actually gave the audience a more intimate feel and appreciation of the settings, costume and choreography. I was also impressed with the audio in the Theater. You can hear it loud and clear without bein too much. At the beginning, I even thought it was a recording until I saw the conductor. The singing was also impressive, up until now, Defying Gravity still gives me the chills and goosebumps. If there was just one thing that I did not find perfect, it would be the choreography. There were on point but there were a couple of instances were in there was 0.5 sec delay of one dancer compared to another. It was barely noticeable, it's just the detailed-oriented me that noticed it.

It was a lovely performance, no matter who played Elphaba. :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento