Linggo, Nobyembre 1, 2015

The Last Witch Hunter: Review

My sister and I saw this movie last Saturday and since we used my last free ticket, it's not like we felt so bad that we saw a not-so good movie. Well, we only had few options when we went to SM Muntinlupa. My options were between The Last Witch Hunter and Goosebumps and I decided to go with Vin Diesel over Jack Black. I guess, I was expecting too much from this movie that's why it was so easy for me to be disappointed.



So, this is about Kaulder who is the last Witch Hunter, he became immortal when he killed the Witch Queen. During his lifetime, he is being assisted by what they call a Dolan and unfortunately they are just named by numbers. The 36th Dolan played by Michael Caine retired and was replaced by the 37th Dolan played by Elijah Wood. 36 died on his last day as Kaulder's keeper. Kaulder felt that he was killed by magic and this is where the story got interesting. Apparently, there was a plot to bring the Witch Queen back and Kaulder is supposed to stopped that with the help of a witch bar owner who is also a witch and a dreamwalker named Chloe.



For some reason, there is just really something wrong with this movie. I was expecting this to be a "Wow" despite the low marketing whatever of this film maybe they were thinking, let;s just let the people know that Vin Diesel made another action flick and people will be expecting it to be like Fast and Furious only a little supernatural and hope that they will buy it. So it just did not meet expectations, the characters are so disengaging. They are just not interesting. They are just not properly built up for people to have sympathy for the characters. I could not even care for Chloe's loss when her friend Miranda died. I got over the next minute after I learned of Elijah Wood's betrayal. I'm not sure but Kaulder says more than act more. He did some witch hunter stuff but not enough for one to be really amazed. I don't know maybe it's the script but there's really something about this film that made me feel that it did not meet its potential given with Vin Diesel as leads. Elijah Wood is supposed to be a supporting but he appeared to be just I don't know more of a special guest? The movie's resolution really did not make sense to me, he is still the last Witch Hunter, the Witch Queen's heart is still beating that's why he's still alive, he just switched loyalty of some sort because now, Chloe became his official sidekick and driver instead of the organization that kept up with him all this years. He is acting more of a freelancer which really did not make much sense, I mean, the first Dolan just lied of where his immortality came from but it's not they caused his family's death for his alliance with them to be broken in the end. They meant to use him as a weapon that's why they kept him alive all this years so I don't get the ending, maybe because they are planning to make a franchise but to be frank, I am not that interested for the sequel.



Oh well, the movie is not all that bad though, I can say it's enjoyable and any time that it will show up in my cable movie channel, I would still watch it over reruns.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento